Upscaled content

A place to discuss female desperation
Forum rules
You may register as a new user, but because of spambot activity, you will need to have your account activated before you can post. To enable activation, please send an email and include your forum username, to davidnorth@bound2burst.com
davidb2b
Site Admin

Upscaled content

Post by davidb2b »

The recent thing of upscaling videos to republish, some in 4K if they can stand it, others at 2K (upscaled from 720p in both cases) is mainly because I have not filmed a lot of new content recently (and what I have filmed has hardly been a runaway success, sales-wise), and my B2B store on Clips4Sale benefits greatly from frequent updates (that audience doesn't care if the content is old or new), I have elected to do this to a number of videos from the 2013-15 era where most of the original data are lost. Some of it does exist, but only in a Final Cut Pro format that I cannot access, and I have certainly tried. Topaz AI upscaling seems the best (only) solution to making these videos look really nice.

Here's the rub though. A lot of the files are going to be big, big enough to cause problems for some people downloading via OpenCart. I can publish them, on the understanding that if you buy and can't download, I will supply the file(s) via WeTransfer. This will be on the further understanding that you store the files yourself once they are downloaded, and don't keep coming back trying to use the OC store as an online library. I've pointed out many times how uncertain this is (witness the 2020 crash and store replacement), so please buy memory cards or other devices to store your videos. It's cheap and easy to do, so please do it.

Dave.