I've always been curious

A place to discuss female desperation
Forum rules
You may register as a new user, but because of spambot activity, you will need to have your account activated before you can post. To enable activation, please send an email and include your forum username, to davidnorth@bound2burst.com
Calling_Card

I've always been curious

Post by Calling_Card »

I've always wondered how models get found for this type of work. Obviously being a little bit of a niche fetish, its not like just asking around, or posting some ad is going to accomplish anything, other than maybe ridicule.

It seems like maybe there's a circuit of known performers, like Candice, who are obviously familiar with the content, and maybe they recommend others, but I've always been curious of that "behind the scenes" aspect of the business.

davidb2b
Site Admin

Re: I've always been curious

Post by davidb2b »

Calling_Card wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:36 pm
I've always wondered how models get found for this type of work. Obviously being a little bit of a niche fetish, its not like just asking around, or posting some ad is going to accomplish anything, other than maybe ridicule.

It seems like maybe there's a circuit of known performers, like Candice, who are obviously familiar with the content, and maybe they recommend others, but I've always been curious of that "behind the scenes" aspect of the business.
Early on, I contacted dozens of models via talent agencies, but only those expressing an interest in adult work. Even so, some reported me just for approaching them. Oh, they were fun days. Eventually, I got a couple of models to respond and went from there. It grew slowly at first, but once a few fairly well respected models came on board, the floodgates opened, so to speak.

For some time now, I have only considered models who approach me on the recommendation of models I already know. They also need to prove that they are real by giving me references to people I know, and, if possible, links to their prior work. I have been approached many times by people claiming to be "new" models with no references and no history in the business. A few might be real, but I am also certain that many of them a scam artists just trying to get hold of information. The benefit of the doubt is hard to come by these days.

Calling_Card

Post by Calling_Card »

davidb2b wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:12 am
Calling_Card wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:36 pm

Early on, I contacted dozens of models via talent agencies, but only those expressing an interest in adult work. Even so, some reported me just for approaching them. Oh, they were fun days. Eventually, I got a couple of models to respond and went from there. It grew slowly at first, but once a few fairly well respected models came on board, the floodgates opened, so to speak.

For some time now, I have only considered models who approach me on the recommendation of models I already know. They also need to prove that they are real by giving me references to people I know, and, if possible, links to their prior work. I have been approached many times by people claiming to be "new" models with no references and no history in the business. A few might be real, but I am also certain that many of them a scam artists just trying to get hold of information. The benefit of the doubt is hard to come by these days.
You got blacklisted for just asking? Maybe it was a different time, but that seems more than a little harsh. Was it just because you were new?

As far as the "new" models go, does only going by recommendation make the quality better? Like is it a better chance that the model just likes the work/knows what they're doing already? Or is it more just a measure against scams?

davidb2b
Site Admin

Post by davidb2b »

Then, as now, most agencies frown on the adult industry. The models who objected about being contacted were probably the types with massive egos who considered themselves "runway" material, and didn't really know what "fetish" meant. How dare this horrible little man talk to me!

As for my method of vetting models being better, I can't say. Certainly, they are more likely to know what they are doing if they have contact with established models. Better or not, my primary purpose in being careful is to keep trouble at bay. There are some serious nutters out there, to which some of the models I know could testify. Safety first.