Sighs of despair

A place to discuss female desperation
Forum rules
You may register as a new user, but because of spambot activity, you will need to have your account activated before you can post. To enable activation, please send an email and include your forum username, to davidnorth@bound2burst.com
davidb2b
Site Admin

Sighs of despair

Post by davidb2b »

I recently purchased another dedicated server from Dreamhost. When I did, I received a message telling me they would move all my databases onto the new server. I wrote back and asked them not to do that because the new server is much slower than the ones I use for B2B and BiB. They agreed they would not move them. Last night, they moved them. Now some of my sites are not loading, including the b2b store. To make matters worse, they supplied the wrong server, giving me one with less RAM than I asked for, meaning that things running on it will be much slower.

Sometimes, I just want to throw up my hands in surrender.

davidb2b
Site Admin

Re: Sighs of despair

Post by davidb2b »

Okay. Restored. In addition to the mystery of the disconnected database, I found that the domain name for the old version of the store still existed. It's dead and gone now.

Johnson125

Post by Johnson125 »

Thanks for all you do to keep things running for us, Dave. Your efforts are appreciated!!

davidb2b
Site Admin

Post by davidb2b »

Thank you. It's a glimpse into the world of an IT guy. Makes me realize just how ill-equipped I am to deal with all this crap.

vcumulusv

Post by vcumulusv »

Johnson125 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:30 pm
Thanks for all you do to keep things running for us, Dave. Your efforts are appreciated!!
Second that!

davidb2b
Site Admin

Post by davidb2b »

Appreciated.

awg2013

Post by awg2013 »

davidb2b wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:30 am
Thank you. It's a glimpse into the world of an IT guy. Makes me realize just how ill-equipped I am to deal with all this crap.

I do it for a living so I get that.