Downloading movies to a phone or iPad

A place to discuss female desperation
Forum rules
You may register as a new user, but because of spambot activity, you will need to have your account activated before you can post. To enable activation, please send an email and include your forum username, to davidnorth@bound2burst.com
davidb2b
Site Admin

Downloading movies to a phone or iPad

Post by davidb2b »

I have a few customers who buy using a phone and then get annoyed with me because they can't download their file. If you own a phone, you should know that you can't download files to it, especially not if you're using an iPhone. If you want to go this route, however, there are ways to copy the file to a cloud service where you can access it online when you want it. This article seems to have all the answers.

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/04/1 ... e-or-ipad/

If you don't want to store your files on a cloud, then don't buy downloads.

RoyalBlueMoose

Re: Downloading movies to a phone or iPad

Post by RoyalBlueMoose »

To be perfectly honest I've always wondered why you don't offer streaming content as a mobile friendly option. A lot of people don't have computers anymore.

But I also have no idea what it would take to allow for that kind of service and still be paid per movie rather than a subscription.

davidb2b
Site Admin

Re: Downloading movies to a phone or iPad

Post by davidb2b »

RoyalBlueMoose wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:36 am
To be perfectly honest I've always wondered why you don't offer streaming content as a mobile friendly option. A lot of people don't have computers anymore.

But I also have no idea what it would take to allow for that kind of service and still be paid per movie rather than a subscription.
I have considered streaming, but it is not something I could maintain. It involves granting a customer access to a movie indefinitely, and would require a lot of bandwidth to offer such a service. There are companies that offer this facility, but most of them don't allow adult content, and the few that do take an outrageous percentage of the sales price. Frankly, it would not be worth it for me.

That said, I received this message from Clips4Sale: "We are working on customer accounts that should be launched within a few weeks. Customers will still need to purchase clips individually but under their customer account they will have the option to download or stream. Once purchased those clips will stay in their customer accounts for future viewing as well." When asked if this applied to all customers, they responded: "If they sign up for an account, yes. Customers will still be able to purchase the normal way without creating accounts. However, when they sign up for a Customer Account it will allow them to view all their previous purchases".

Once this facility is available, I would suggest that phone users create an account with them and purchase from there. Of course it will cost more, but then you're paying for a service that has to be maintained ad infinitum.