Reductio ad Absurdum

A place to discuss female desperation
Forum rules
You may register as a new user, but because of spambot activity, you will need to have your account activated before you can post. To enable activation, please send an email and include your forum username, to davidnorth@bound2burst.com
davidb2b
Site Admin

Reductio ad Absurdum

Post by davidb2b »

You're probably tired of my complaints about the new rules at Clips4Sale, but I want to share this because it is so patently absurd. Talk about blindly following a set of arbitrary rules.

I tried to publish the newly remastered version of AirPort Run yesterday. They refused to publish it because, near the end, a set of feet walked past the downward-pointing camera. Quite apart from the fact that this was filmed in 2009 and there is no earthly way the person could be identified, they nevertheless have to have an ID and a signed model release form before their feet can be shown on the C4S site. So, I picked a model from that era, retrieved her ID and a model release that was for something else entirely, gave her a fictitious name, and added her to the declaration. They'll approve it now, even though the addition is completely meaningless.

This is where we are now. Sense of perspective, anyone?

gsparadise

Re: Reductio ad Absurdum

Post by gsparadise »

It's beyond absurd, Dave. It would be comical if it weren't for the fact that it's such a huge pain in the ass for producers like yourself.

It would be nice if such fanatical efforts were made in other areas, such as video piracy or identity theft, wouldn't it?

At any rate, you have my empathy.